Friday, January 8, 2010

Thanksgiving 2009










The kids had fun toasting.

We went around and said what were were thankful for.






Luca looking so miserable. Maybe he was upset that he was stuck at the adult table instead of at the fun kid table. Sorry Luca, maybe next year.











Dad pouring the sparkling grape juice at the kiddie table






Ja carving the turkey


Dad giving some pointers












Mitch getting pretty with my pink apron and gloves.



Doesn't he look sweet?





Maddy and Luca enjoying a mid-day snack together










































My homemade apple pies. Jason astutely pointed out that I neglected to weave my lattice, however, thankfully he was still able to enjoy the pie. Next year I'm going to have to up my lattice working skills



Pumpkin pies - I don't know why on earth I made so many.


Yeah, I know I'm late. I mean Thanksgiving feels like a decade ago but here I am. And I refuse to post anything out of sequence so in order to get to Christmas and other very exciting events I must first finish November.
The Mitchell's drove up from NC to be with us for Thanksgiving. Having everyone together was just incredible. They arrived late night/early morning so the kids didn't see each other until the next morning. Once everyone, stared at each other for a few minutes, had breakfast and then snapped out of the grog of sleep - the fun began. The house came alive with the kids shrieking in delight as they chased each other around. It was just awesome.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Dia, love the pictures, check out ours, just updated them too....miss you all and hope the holidays were wonderful. We never got to talk so call me when you can so we can catch up....I hope the ferry ride was a good one that day....love you, Amy

Lori Mlynarski said...

A girls gotta stick to her standards, I love seeing Thanksgiving now. Good work on those pies girl, but yes I must side with Ja get to work on those lattice skills. I love you and miss you even though I just saw you, never get enough time to spend together. What can I say I can't get enough of you. Love Lori

Momofboys said...

These were great Dianna! It makes me miss my best friend even more when I see them =( I'm so glad they came up and you guys had such a nice time together. And I'm with you on posting the pics in sequence...must be the "type A" in us!