Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mom's Lifeline - Is it Thursday yet?

We recently enrolled Vin in a program called Mom's Morning Out. The idea behind the program is to give Moms some time to themselves while also helping little ones get used to being separated from Mom. They also focus on getting them used to being in a class setting and with following a routine. It's every Thursday from 9:00 to 12:00 and runs through May.

When I first signed him up I thought for sure I would have a hard time leaving him but the first day proved me wrong. We walked in and Vin saw all the toys and kids and looked at me and said "Down Please". He wiggled out of my arms and that was it. I hightailed it out of there and right over to the local Starbucks where I stayed for the entire time catching up on reading and enjoying the quiet. Ahhh.. Sweetness.

The second week proved a bit tougher. We walked in and ALL the kids were crying so Vin also started up. I put him down, kissed him and then ran. I felt bad for about two minutes and then I was back to enjoying my time alone. Yes, I know I'm heartless. When I picked him up he was playing quietly by himself. I wouldn't say he was happy but he wasn't crying either. We, shall see how he does this week.


Sporting his new shirt from Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop Mitchell on his second week of Mom's Morning Out.





Playing with Alexander at the park.

2 comments:

lisaqshay said...

Good for you, girl! Enjoy and enjoy some more. He'll be all the better for it.

Lori Mlynarski said...

You are not heartless, I think that is fantastic and I'm glad you are doing it, you absolutely need that time. Good for you sweetie. Ultimately it will be great for Vin too. Love Lori