Thursday, June 14, 2007

Trip to NJ

Vin experienced his first plane ride on Wednesday and he was an AWESOME little traveler. We took a quick trip to NJ to visit Autumn, her little girl - Ada, (who were in from LA visiting Autumn's parents) Momma and Papa Gum. The original plan was to fly in Wednesday morning and back out again that evening. However, the weather had different plans and my flight home was delayed so our visit ended up being a sleepover. I'm so glad since it gave us more time to spend together and we had so much fun. Vin didn't sleep very well but still did splendidly on the flight home even with our almost hour wait on the tarmac.
Ada was such a doll baby! I can't believe how much she's changed since we last saw her in December. To top off our wonderful visit I got to witness a few key milestones for her. First she started to pull herself up from her belly to a sitting position, THEN she took her first crawl forward.
Fortunately for Ada's Dad, Autumn was video tapping Ada at the time she decided to conquer this exciting task, so it's all on tape.

Vin and Ada checking each other out



Ada playing with Vin's feet


Autumn and Vin



GETTING READY FOR BATH TIME!
Ada saying hello

Stretching out their arms

Curling up their legs

They were eating up the all the attention

Ada showing off her cute little foot

Momma and Papa Gum,
It was so nice to spend time with you both. Thank you so much for the delicious meals and for all of your hospitality!! We hope to see you again soon. :)

4 comments:

Autumn said...

Awwww! I just love these pictures! Thank you both for making this trip possible! I was so incredibly blessed to finally get my arms around lil' Vinjello! I'm totally smitten. :) Watching Ada and Vin interact was amazing. Vin's smiles and coes just melt your heart.

Jason- thank you for sparing your wifey and son- I know it could not have been easy. Di- thank you for being my bestest friend and for finding the courage to fly out here.

I will never forget this special time and I can't wait until we can all meet up again!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How jealous am I? Pretty jealous.

Those are some cute babies, although, your son looks a little too friendly with my daughter. I hope he knows he has to talk to me first if he plans on asking her out.

Mister Shaw

Anonymous said...

It was totally our joy, Dianna. What a blessing to have you girls all under our roof again and now with those precious angels to boot! The moments flew by way too fast, but were just amazingly precious. Thanks for making the sacrifice, and being the pioneer woman to come all that way. What a terrific time was had by all!

Great big hugs,
Momma Gum

Anonymous said...

Mike- from the look of things, as soon as Vin has words he may be looking to have a 'sit down' w/ you to discuss his options re: Ada.

Angello