Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Savannah's B-Day Party and New video

Getting a kiss from the birthday girl :)



Hi everyone! This past Saturday we celebrated our niece's 12th Birthday. We all went to the zoo and then had a little party at Aunt Missi's house afterwards. Vin decided this was the day he would premier his brand new Stranger Anxiety. Nobody could hold him but Daddy or Mommy. And when someone else did hold him he would shortly thereafter go into hysterics. Last week he started the business of crying every time I would leave a room which can be a bit annoying (okay it's a lot annoying). I've been reading up about it and there really isn't much to do about it other than to help them by slowly introducing new people and letting them warm up before tossing them over. As they get older babies learn that Mom and Dad will come back for them and the panic subsides.
I've never been one of those Mom's who wants their baby to reach for them only. To be completely transparent I kind of resent that sort of neediness. I know... I know all you moms out there are cringing at me for saying that. Don't get me wrong I love meeting our son's needs but I don't want to be the only one he looks to 24/7. Not cool. The times I enjoy the most are when I see little buds of independence blossoming on him and now it feels like we are taking a gigantic step backwards. Sigh. I suppose "...this too shall pass"

Changing topics now: today in the grocery store Vin started laughing out loud hysterically at the self-checkout machine. It must have been the computer voice that made him laugh because every time I would hit a button he would just laugh and laugh and laugh. It gave me an idea... when I got home I found a baby game online that says a letter of the alphabet after I hit a key on the keyboard. This got a good laugh out of him. It wasn't close to the caliber of laughter in the store, but it is still enjoyable to watch. Here's a video of it: http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/jdangello1998/?action=view&current=Laughing.flv

7 comments:

Autumn said...

OMW! That is the cutest video of him laughing... what is that game? I'm so going to do a search for a similar game online right after I post this comment.

Happy Birthday Savannah! How fun that you guys are all so close. :)

As far as stranger anxiety- I totally get you there. It is sooo not fun - but totally normal!

jdangello said...

Oh it's such a cute game. They have other games for babies as well. Here's the link: http://www.fisher-price.com/us/fun/games/abczoo/default.asp

Anonymous said...

cutest conversation EVER!

angello

Anonymous said...

u is for urial

angello

Anonymous said...

Precious, precious, precious!!! That video...What a lilting, joyful jolt to the heart it is to see and hear Vin's delight as he discovers his world. Thanks so much for sharing these amazing parts of his development with us, Di. [Spielberg, eat your heart out.]

Love and kudos,
MommaGum

Flood Family said...

I love how he keeps stopping to give dirty looks to the camera and/or Daddy?

Mitchell said...

My nephew is good looking and funny...Have I ever told you I think he is a bit like me?