Thursday, March 22, 2007

My gosh! He looks just like Angello in this picture.


Vinz has fully recuperated from his short hospital stay and mysterious fever. The doctor concluded that he was fighting off the flu and was able to do so without developing the full sickness.



We are going through a bit of a rough patch right now. It seems that the little meatball wants to eat ALL OF THE TIME! On Monday he only gave 20 minute breaks in between feedings, which was a bit much to handle. The strange thing is that I know he is really eating since I can hear him swallowing and from his increased diaper output (I'll keep the info on that topic limited as I realize we are probably the only ones interested in his "output" activity). I just keep looking at him and wondering where in the world he is putting all of that milk.



Then yesterday I kind of fought against him and didn't feed him as often and save our hour long walk (it was 66 here in Pittsburgh and somewhat sunny!) we had an absolutely miserable day. I was getting curious about how much this guy was actually eating so last night I pumped and Jason fed him a bottle so we could measure. He ate 5 1/2 ounces, and he was so very happy afterwards! It was like he was a completely different baby.


I couldn't believe it. Considering that, our guess is that he must be going through a growth spurt. And so I've put my mind to be patient and to give him as much as he needs. It's a pain in the butt as it doesn't give me time to do much else with my day but it makes for a happy baby, which = a happy Mommy. Man oh man this breastfeeding stuff is tough. I can't believe women breastfeed when they have other children to care for. There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. Oh well, grow Vinzy grow!























I love this picture! He looks like a mad man.




7 comments:

Autumn said...

You are soo right - Vincent definitely has his dad's features, but Oh My Dianna... Vinzy is looking ALOT like you in that first picture too! It's unbelievable! You totally give that expression! Michael agress with me too. ;)

What a relief to know that the little guy is doing better. He is such a cutie in these pics. You can really see his face filling out! Growth spurt sounds about right. Keep hanging in there... it only gets better! :)

Autumn said...

Oh yah, I forgot to mention that I can't see the full "mad man" pic- i'm only seeing half of it.

jdangello said...

Thanks for the heads up Tum. I made it a bit smaller. Can you see the entire pic now?

Autumn said...

Yes, i see it now! heee heee! Thanks :)

jdangello said...

Nice!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, yes, the "grow spurts" - I remember them well - my husband would say that smugly whenever Lee or Autumn would feed every 20 minutes as infants, "it's just a growth spurt, Sherrie" and I'd be sooo tired I'd want to spit in his face.

Even though others have been through it, and it will eventually settle down, at the time, you feel like the only mom on earth with some hungry alien in the house. Thank the Lord for the internet so you're connected these days, eh? Tum and I were talking about how great it is you ladies can keep up with each other and with sites like Baby Zone, etc.

By the way, Vin is soooo amazingly cute, and I am soooo enjoying your photos & entries, Di. Excellent journaling. You musta had some English teacher!

Love, MommaGum

jdangello said...

Hi Mama Gum! Ja and I both laughed at your comment about your husband repeatedly saying "it's a growth spurt". (much needed comic relief regarding the topic). It makes us feel much better that this is normal and many parents have gone through it before us. Six weeks ago I had no idea what a growth spurt was. So funny how things change.

Yep, I had the best English teacher in the world! She taught me so much. (and so much more than just English) I was so blessed to have her in my life. :)